Gross Anatomy of the Lower Extremity for MSK Medicine and Rehabilitation
June 21-22, 2018
08:00 AM - 04:30 AM
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) – Birmingham, AL
William S. Brooks, PhD – Birmingham, AL
Course director, DPT Gross Anatomy
Clinical anatomy remains a cornerstone in the training of healthcare providers. A thorough knowledge of gross anatomy is essential for the safe and effective practice of musculoskeletal medicine and rehabilitation.
Through a combination of didactic lectures and full cadaveric dissection, this course will provide healthcare providers with a complete review of the gross anatomy of the lower extremity. Each attendee will take an active role in cadaveric dissections.
14 Contact Hours
- Conduct a complete cadaveric dissection of the lower extremity.
- Describe the attachments and innervations of the muscles of the lower extremity.
- Describe the osteological and ligamentous structures forming the joints of the lower extremity.
- Trace the arterial supply and peripheral nervous innervation of the lower extremity.
- Integrate gross anatomy of the lower extremity into the clinical practice of musculoskeletal medicine and rehabilitation.
Course Information - www.uab.edu/msk
Online Registration - http://www.uab.edu/medicine/cdib/register-here-msk