Regional Network Policy
Leadership of each APTA Alabama Regional Network will enhance networking of Physical Therapists (PTs), Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) and Students of Physical Therapy in their region by:
- Fostering communication between their regional network and the APTA Alabama Board of Directors.
- Providing further insight into regional issues and impacts on the strategic plan.
- Bringing policies and positions supported by APTA Alabama forward locally, and advocating at the grassroots level.
- Encouraging community outreach by providing opportunities on a regular basis.
- Sharing the benefits of APTA Membership and growing the market share in their area.
- Hosting local educational opportunities followed by an update/meeting with regional network leadership.
- Providing leadership development and an opportunity for growth.
- Creating fellowship within the regional network.
Section 1. Director
- The Director shall serve as the official head of and public spokesperson for the Region.
- The Director shall preside at all meetings of the Region.
- The Director shall submit a written report to the Chapter Treasurer, when requested.
- The Director shall make location and speaker arrangements for all Region Meetings.
- The Director shall notify the Chapter of vacancies needing appointment.
- The Director shall be a participant of APTA Alabama Chapter Council meetings.
Section 2. Assistant Director
- The Assistant Director shall record the minutes of the region meetings.
- The Assistant Director shall act as custodian of records belonging to the region.
- The Assistant Director shall maintain records of attendance at all meetings and submit to the Executive Director for the distribution of CEU certificates.
- The Assistant Director shall assume the duties of the Director in their absence.
- The Assistant Director shall develop and circulate meeting notices to contacts in the Region and to the Chapter Executive Director for dissemination to region Members.
- The Assistant Director shall maintain and post to region social media accounts.
- The Assistant Director shall be a participant of APTA Alabama Chapter Council meetings.
Region 1: Baldwin, Clarke, Escambia, Mobile, Monroe, Washington, Wilcox
Region 2: Barber, Bullock, Butler, Coffee, Conecuh, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Montgomery, Pike
Region 3: Autauga, Calhoun, Chambers, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Elmore, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Randolph, Russell, Talladega, Tallapoosa
Region 4: Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Randolph, Talladega
Region 5: Blount, Cherokee, Cullman, DeKalb, Etowah, Fayette, Franklin, Lamar, Marion, Marshall, Pickens, St. Clair, Walker, Winston
Region 6: Colbert, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Morgan
Region 7: Jefferson
Region 8: Bibb, Chilton, Choctaw, Dallas, Greene, Hale, Marengo, Perry, Shelby, Sumter, Tuscaloosa
Section 1. Admission to Region membership is assigned by geographical location.
Section 1. A minimum of two (2) regular meetings shall be held annually to conduct business and provide education to those residing in the region.
Section 1. Electronic elections shall be held in conjunction with the Chapter elections. Members will vote for their region only. One (1) or more candidates consenting to serve shall be included on the Slate of Candidates. Only those consenting to serve shall be slated.
Section 2. The Director shall be elected in odd numbered years. The Assistant Director shall be elected in even numbered years
Proviso: For the first year, the Director and Assistant Director will be appointed by the Chapter Board of Directors.
Section 3. The Terms for each position will be two (2) years.
Section 1. The Fiscal Year of the Region shall be the same as that of the Chapter.
Section 2. Funds not provided in the Chapter budget, as adopted, shall not be expended unless approved by the Chapter Board of Directors.