APTA Alabama Webinars
APTA Alabama Has A New Webinar – 1.2 CEUs for AL Licensees
Blood Flow Restriction Therapy and Management of Orthopaedic and Sports Conditions
- Describe the history of the development of Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) therapy.
- Describe the physiological cascade that occurs as result of BFR application.
- Recognize and discuss the different types of BFR units.
- Utilize the literature to identify the effectiveness and best practice of BFR.
- Describe utilization of BFR in the rehabilitation of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy conditions.
2021: Interpreting the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule
Recording Available for Purchase
Speaker – Ellen Strunk, PT, MS, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy,
Certified Exercise Expert for Aging Adults, Certified in Healthcare Compliance
On November 1, 2020, CMS finalized its rule for the 2021 Physician Fee Schedule and Year 5 of the Quality Payment Program (QPP). The rule becomes effective on January 1, 2021. The rule includes changes to the value of CPT codes billed by therapists, changes to the delivery of telehealth and telecommunication services, changes to student documentation for therapy services, the Merit Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and more. This webinar will review the major provisions of the final rule that will impact rehabilitation services in our state.
1. Understand the updated fee schedule changes and how it might affect your business.
2. Understand the implications of Category 3 codes for telehealth services.
3. Describe the permanent changes that will affect therapists in private practice.
· PT/OT/SLP who Bill on a 1500 Professional Claim
· PT/OT/SLP who Bill on a UB-04 Institutional Claim
· Business Office Managers
· Billing Office Managers
$20 – APTA Members
$40 – Non-Members