Why Join APTA?
APTA is your voice on Capitol Hill, both in Congress and in the federal agencies whose rules and regulations—particularly those involving health care reform and insurance reimbursement—affect your practice.
Through its chapter and districts, APTA also works on state and local levels to ensure that legislators understand the practice of the physical therapy profession.
APTA is your publications, periodicals and information resource, featuring:
- Practice management publications
- Subscriptions to Physical Therapy, PT-Magazine of Physical Therapy & PT Bulletin.
- ALAPTA FMO (Chapter Newsletter)
Many Other Benefits Including:
- Career Advancement
- Conferences and workshops
- Specialist Certification
- Job Link in PT Bulletin & ALAPTA Website
- Self Assessment for Professional Development
- Economic Benefits
- Insurance Programs
- Financial Services
- Risk Management Resources
- Take an active role in shaping the future of APTA and the profession
- Join one of 18 specialty sections putting you in touch with others who share your professional interests
- Legislative Updates that affect your profession in Alabama
- Continuing Education at a discount
- Representation/lobbyist at Alabama level
- Representation/lobbyist at Federal levels